[BITList] Winner of the "Not My Job" Award on Flickr - PhotoSharing!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 14 21:23:05 GMT 2009

John,

All they had to do was carefully remove the tree and leave no trace that it ever existed, and let the painter explain.  When I was in Denmark, with the Odense Staalskibsvaerft, a similar thing happened.  A very large vent trunk was to be led down the corner between two bulkheads in the ER, and the pipe arrangement dept led a number of pipes round it, as one does.  Without telling the rest, the vent department shifted the vent to somewhere else, leaving a bunch of pipes defining a big square thing that nobody could see.  It couldn't have happened in the UK, at least not any place I worked.  The Danes, extremely efficient, had separate departments, whereas we were used to doing it all in the one department, jacks of all trades. We had a different class of balls ups.