[BITList] MPs' expenses: Labour's Frank Cook claimed £5 for church collection - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun May 31 09:27:54 BST 2009

Sunday morning,

John,

I'm not a one to discuss theology outside of a pub or a crankcase, however, while I was reading about the Labour MP's naff attempt to claim back as expenses the fiver he put in the collection at a service, the weekly church offering envelope was sitting on my desk awaiting me putting our usual in it. On the front it says, "I will not offer .... that which doth cost me nothing".  Seems clear enough to me.