[BITList] Fwd: Community Service

Michael Feltham mj.feltham at madasafish.com
Thu May 21 21:18:14 BST 2009

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Allan Lee McKay"
Date: 21 May 2009 20:44:34 BST
To: "Michael Feltham" <mj.feltham at madasafish.com>

Subject: Spot the difference

An exemplary tale!

One day a florist goes to a  barber for a haircut. After the cut he
asked about his bill and the  barber replies, 'I cannot accept money
from you. I'm doing community service this week.'  The florist was
pleased and  left the shop. When the barber goes to open his shop the
next morning there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses  waiting
for him at his door.

Later, a policeman comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay
his bill, the barber again replies, 'I  cannot accept money from you.
I'm doing community service this week.' The policeman is happy and
leaves the shop.  The next morning when the  barber goes to open up
there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen doughnuts  waiting for him at
his door.

Later that day, a college  professor comes in for a haircut, and when
he tries to pay his bill, the  barber again replies, 'I cannot accept
money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The professor
is very happy and leaves the shop.  The next morning when the  barber
opens his shop, there is a 'thank you' card and a dozen different
books, such as  'How to Improve Your Business' and 'Becoming More
Successful.'

Then, a Member of Parliament comes in for a haircut, and when he goes
to pay his bill the barber again replies, 'I  cannot accept money from
you.. I'm doing community service this week.'  The Member of
Parliament is very happy and leaves the shop.  The next morning when
the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Members of Parliament
lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends,  illustrates the fundamental difference between
the citizens of our country and  the Members of Parliament.   Vote
carefully next time!