[BITList] P&O cruise ship Aurora threatened by revolt from angrypassengers | Travel | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 30 10:22:50 BST 2009

Mike,

I was stuck off Port Sudan for 6 (six) weeks awaiting resolution of an
industrial dispute ashore.  I thought about forming a suitably large
deputation to complain (in the strongest possible terms) about such
treatment, but it was just me, another fiver, and an ag wallah, so we
decided just to enjoy the adventure.  After standby was reduced to the point
where we could relax, it became quite enjoyable.

There are three irrelevances in the report - the cost of the ship, the
tonnage of the ship, and the fate of Princess Anne's launch bottle. Has she
(not Anne) got pods?  What was wrong with the "engines"?  Has the standard
of shipbuilding/marine engineering gone down the tubes since I retired?  You
may have noted a certain lack of interest in those capable of paying 9 grand
for a cruise.