[BITList] Tastes of the young

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 18 20:19:08 GMT 2009

Grand daughter Sarah was at our place for a 17th birthday tea the other day.  She showed me her latest iPod.  "Listen to this tune," she said, "I got it online - it's fabulous."  Expecting the dreary monotone that passeth all understanding nowadays, I was pleasantly shocked to hear Al Bowlly singing Goodnight Sweetheart, followed by Marilyn Monroe singing Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend, then a selection from the 50s.  Her girlfriends who were at the tea share her tastes, so maybe there's still hope for the world.