[BITList] Lifeboat

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 22 07:40:27 BST 2009

Dave,

In the days when someone with a beard and a very loud voice shouted "lower the boats !!" such things were unheard of unless to add suspense to an indifferent film.  On a very long (31 days) sea trial I was once press ganged as ballast in a lifeboat test.  They gave us life jackets, told us where to sit, and down we went.  It was a  welcome break from taking readings, watching videos and drinking beer, but eventually we had to return.  Someone of that skill reattached the spronnicles or whatever, and it was back up to reality.