[BITList] The confusing world of Cartier polo | Life and style |guardian.co.uk

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 28 13:33:45 BST 2009

Mike,

A glimpse into an alien world.  Lots of celebitees and funny ecksense, though I understood the Argentinean and the BBC newsreader. One or two spoke without moving their lips.  In a way it reminded me of golf tournaments I've been at, inasmuch as both have a major sporting event in the background, but many present see little of it while quaffing large amounts of unsubsidised booze and queuing up for a toilet.  I daresay the polo people enjoy the experience as much as I've enjoyed the golf - why else would I keep going back?