[BITList] Zer01

CT's x50type at cox.net
Tue Jul 21 04:35:51 BST 2009

need a little pocket money?

plan B - how to make $29,000 per month!

Zer01's Mobile Offer May Be Too Good to Be True
Nancy Gohring, IDG News Service

Monday, July 20, 2009 12:10 PM PDT
The service will be the first commercial launch of VoIP over cellular in the U.S., he said. To arrange the service, "we had to get around [wireless] carrier restrictions. If we had to resell their data, we'd be bound by data caps and the fact that they don't allow data for voice over Internet. The way we did that is to interconnect the fiber-optic infrastructure to the GSM network," he said.

"We own the consumer. We do all the customer support, tech support, provisioning of data, the telecom piece, all the content. So essentially to the carrier there's no extra cost," he said.

The carrier would, however, still have to load the customers onto the wireless portion of their network. That piece is typically the bottleneck for operators since they have a finite amount of wireless spectrum over which to carry traffic. "Even 2 to 3 million customers over a geographic area is not going to put that much load on," Piilani argues. He said Zer01 is constantly working with its carrier partners to monitor the usage.

On the Global Verge opportunity line, which anyone can dial into (712-432-1011 Pin: 483294772#), listeners can hear about the service and the sales associate plan. The mobile service is described as "unlimited everything." The handset will be like something out of a science-fiction movie, according to the call. The marketing program will make it easy for anyone to earn about $29,000 a month. "It's truly unbelievable," the voice says. He may be right.

(Nancy Weil in Boston and Stephen Lawson in San Francisco contributed to this report.)