[BITList] An article from The Daily Beast

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 01:05:56 GMT 2009

bviwes at yahoo.com has shared an article from The Daily Beast with you!
Click here to subscribe to The Daily Beast's daily email, a summary of
the morning's top stories.

Message from sender: British Politicians- the best that money can buy!

Today: January 28, 2009

SCANDAL
The British Blagos
It's good to know the United States is not the only country that's
(allegedly) dallying in corruption. Scandal is seeping through the
House of Lords in Parliament after the Sunday Times sent investigative
reporters to pose as lobbyists, and several top officials were caught
on tape suggesting they would accept compensation to change
legislation, reports The Washington Post. In one tape, 79-year-old
Thomas Taylor claims some companies pay him 100,000 pounds (about
$141,000) a year, saying: "That's cheap for what I do. . . . You've
got to whet my appetite to get me on board." The drama is dubbed
"Erminegate" after the red robes worn by the members, and although the
upper chamber does not have the ability to throw out any members who
abuse their powers, top leaders are calling for their expulsion.

Read it at The Washington Post

Posted at 6:41 AM, Jan 28, 2009
	XTRA INSIGHT

	Read the original investigation.