[BITList] Why am I not surprised?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 11 16:25:45 GMT 2009

John,

There are precedents for such behaviour.  While with Kvaerner in Govan I was asked to move temporarily to Fergusons in Port Glasgow to help with working up the design of a North Sea oil rig supply ship. Since I live up the hill from Fergusons, I had no objections whatever. The matter of outworking allowances was raised, not by me, but by the firm, and I was paid to travel from Govan to Port Glasgow each morning, and back again at night, though all I did was get a bus down the hill and back up again.  The alternative would have left me little time to function at Fergusons. However, the sums involved were small, not £40,000.