[BITList] Enjoy a Flight Simulation From Computeractive Magazine.

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:13:04 GMT 2009

G'day Mike,

On 03/02/2009, at 9:19 AM, Michael Feltham wrote:

 > Don't worry about crashing, as the simulator just
 > offers to start again from that location.

I was based at RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire for a while. they had Comets
and Britannia aircraft there, being the HQ for Transport Command

If you knew the right people you could, while on night shift, get to
have a go on the Britannia Flight Simulator. A multi million Pounds
machine.

I had a few goes on it during my time there.

Take-off was easy but the landing was a hard task.

If you crashed they had a very hi-tech piece of gear to let you know
that you had crashed. There was a hook operated by a solenoid. On the
hook was a bucket full of bits and pieces. The solenoid operated and
the bucket fell off the hook with a loud noise!

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.