[BITList] 17th-century chairman of East India Company was amurderer

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 1 22:38:11 GMT 2009

I would like to concur with Hugh on this one. Having been involved in my own Family Tree research for something like the last 40 years, and I mean directly involved (i.e finding Wills ,Census Records, Family Gravestones, Newspaper obits.IGI, newly discovered relatives that one never knew about, etc,etc. this makes for very interesting TV. But anyone wanting to get involved in this fascinating hobby, please remember one thing.You are a  real time detective and are trying to research and solve problems of the past with little information to go on. As you peel back the "onion skins" of your ancestry you will find another beneath and as you go back in available research records all the more difficult to peruse. Generally due to History itself (Civil War, Parish Records lost etc.etc). However a very fruitful venture. What latter day Family Historians will make of single parents with their mothers having multiple mates is something for the future.  Give it a go though, and remember another thing, if one of your ancestors was a villain or invoked notoriety the copious records will be on hand, and prove fascinating. I've got back to 1630, father to son and albeit my surname, not a drop of Wesh in me. All from North Yorks (Cleveland) and Sunderland.Can prove it too.  Happy researching  Ron