[BITList] Britain strongly condemns China - lol

CT's x50type at cox.net
Wed Dec 30 01:40:41 GMT 2009

very amusing - Britain attempting the slap china's wrist.

Britain strongly condemns China for execution of drug trafficker
[don't make me laugh!]

By Patti Waldmeir, Jim Pickard and James Blitz
Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Britain and China were engaged in a fierce diplomatic argument Tuesday after the Chinese government executed a British citizen for drug trafficking despite claims that he was mentally ill and unfit to stand trial.

British Prime Minister Gordon Brown condemned the execution of Akmal Shaikh, a 53-year-old father of three, "in the strongest terms," adding that he was particularly concerned that no mental health assessment was undertaken.

Shaikh, who was caught smuggling heroin into China, was put to death by lethal injection Tuesday in Urumqi, the capital of China's westernmost province of Xinjiang. Shaikh's family issued a statement saying it was "ludicrous" that he was required to prove his own mental disability, which it characterized as bipolar disorder.

it used to be - "the devil made me do it!"

the current equivalent is - bipolar disorder [I forgot to take my medicine = I'm not responsible].

and by the way, when and who invented bipolar disorder?