[BITList] Fw: Fwd: Disturbing Analysis

David Harvey bison at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 5 16:14:58 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: David Harvey
To: bitlist at lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com
Sent: Saturday, December 05, 2009 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [BITList] Fwd: Disturbing Analysis

I got that one several weeks ago except "Australian" had replaced "American" I didn't forward it to anyone.

I have a couple of Muslim friends and go to their house fairly often for BBQ's. Fantastic food (but no beer). They are ordinary, normal people, husband and wife both have jobs, he is a bit religious, she is a terrible backslider the same as is my Catholic wife. The others there are a wonderful mix of races and practising Christians and Muslims and others who practise little or nothing. There is always a hell of a lot of laughter and great friendship by everyone to everyone. There is nothing sinister going on.

Yes, they did rely on the taxpayer/government for assistance when they first arrived but started a fast food delivery service in Darwin within months of arrival and then moved to Perth and are now paying off a mortgage like their non-Muslim neighbours in an ordinary middle class suburb.

Another couple who go to the BBQ, originally from the same country, but Christians, he a pastor and also working, she running an ice cream van, are similar. I was at their wedding and have also been privileged (and impressed) to attend Australian Citizenship ceremonies for twice for these people. They are good people and I welcome them.

There are good and bad in all. I have said before on this site that there are those in Muslim countries, again ordinary people, who are quite concerned about the misdeeds of the fundamentalist Muslims and Muslim Terrorists and the backlash against their country and their religion. Why don't they say so you may ask. Well, they do, when talking to the man in the street, it's those at the top who do not. One thing doesn't change is the politician from no matter where.

Dave