[BITList] Steam supercar breaks century old speed record - but it doesn't count - Telegraph

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:47:33 BST 2009

G'day Hugh,

On 20/08/2009, at 10:48 PM, HUGH wrote:

 > While with Babcock & Wilcox I worked on a super critical boiler
 > that made steam by compressing water to 3,600 psi.

I have worked in three 'steam' power stations, varying from 100 MW up
to 660 MW.

I can't for the life of me remember what the pressure was in any of
the boilers though.

I do remember that I only once came close to being setting off the
safeties! That would have cost me a slab of beer.

I do remember being told that super heated steam is invisible, but as
you have said, can be heard.

ooroo

Bad typists of the word, untie.