[BITList] again

David Harvey bison at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 6 03:49:49 BST 2009

I saw that explanation, but still don't get it. If the flag is applied to
the tail, streaming aft, as though from a flag pole streaming with the wind,
it is still the right way around. It will not be the opposite way.

Similarly, when I was in short pants (as opposed to Bombay Bloomers)
whenever I drew a ship I always showed the starboard side, that is towards
the bow and then the name read from left to right as in my school books.
Hugh, on the other hand, drew his ships from the port side, so the name also
read from left to right, but towards the stern.

It's the coriolis effect.

Dave