[BITList] Fw: hk to bombay!

CT's x50type at cox.net
Thu Apr 2 05:44:58 BST 2009

tough time, eh? robbo.......10 -11 months in hk..........

.............what happened to dumra's boilers?

gentleman george foster I knew - he was ceo on sirdhana when I was 3eo - don't recall him even noticing us plebs let alone speaking to anyone; although he did complain vociferously one time when he thought I was playing my stereo too loud!

I  surveyed the nowshera in kobe when she encountered heavy weather. I don't remember who the master was, but he was horrified to see a hull and engineer surveyor approach the hollowed ground of his cabin, and immediately shooed me out towards the ceo's area as if I had the plague (was it only BI who had a surfeit of assholes as masters, who thought they were God's gift?  [or was superciliousness thought to be an occupational attribute?] - I remember being introduced to commodore bond who had the same affliction; I can't imagine these people ever actually being children!)

but I digress - the ceo turned out to be one gentleman george foster. he didn't even recognize me (apparently he never realized any one below 2eo actually existed) - and he was too busy telling me about his brilliant daughter who was at oxford................................................I didn't interrupt his reverie to tell him we had been on the same ship together. it would have been stretching my incredulity to say we has "sailed" together!

I find it hard to believe that gentleman george was ever a, "dinkum bloke".

I could write a book, "Asshole I have Known"....................................................

ct