[BITList] Am I A Bad Person

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 11:53:24 BST 2008

Salaams,
             having read Hugh's last I've come to the possible conclusion that I really must be a bad bastard. I didn't see much wrong in the speech writers narrative regardless of who wrote it, that for me sums up the vast majority of Americans attitude to the rest of the world, what makes it worse is that we have American family and my sons married a Yank. When my wife and son spent nearly four weeks over there this summer she couldn't get over their apparent belief in their own God given rights to continue as if nothings happening anywhere else and this is topped off by not even being able to place its exact location on a map. Don't get me wrong, I for one appreciate their not insignificant contribution of sixty odd years ago but it was at a price to us, in France from what I've been able to gather, they the French won the war with a little help from us and Uncle Sam, its true, and the French Chip on shoulder just continues to grow. Unless Sarky changes his attitude re the UK and America he's sunk.
             Back to the good old USA, as well as kissin Gordon's ass in Sainsbury's I'll go for broke by declaring that if America elects Obama I'll kiss his ass as well, you lot can choose the time and place.
             Many thanks for yours John on Freckleton and re the plane, I was merely quoting from another source on line,
 what drew my attention to the story was that until a couple of days ago I'd never heard of it same same that Harold Wilson's government's hived off money from the collection world wide for the Aberfan victims in 66, the government stole some £150,000 for cleaning up the site after. It was paid back after a Welsh author wouldn't let the matter drop, some thirty years later of course and without interest, can't remember the authors name but I know he died recently.
                       BR Fred