[BITList] Postings

Tom Gardiner tm.gardiner at skymesh.net.au
Sun Sep 21 02:48:25 BST 2008

Hello e mail list people ,
                           ( John pointed out we are not a group )

He also mentioned we are slow to post .

He is right  in my case , and I guess with many others  .
Time seems to pass  more  quickly as we get older , and seems to be as
demanding as ever in needing us to fit more activity into our days .
Thanks to whoever or whatever that we are still around to comply .

I can't natter about the farm , the greenhouses are idle , having
fulfilled their role .
As with many other families   , locally , the next generation are not
impressed with the hours needed to generate  business .
and choose other paths to follow .
I can't natter about seagoing experience , that is two lifetimes ago ,
and  eyebrows would raise if I  memtiomed the lack of electric hand tools
such as are commonplace today .
Chattering about how I filled in another generation of time would be in
the same catagory as taking leads on a Doxford bottom end .
Of interest to some and ho hum to others .
I could comment as to why I emigrated twice with my family and about the
time  we spent  in Lagos .
But I'll leave that open for a later post   < maybe !! > .

What I can do is pass along some of the regular items in my in box sent
by my old friend George .

The subject will be  " From my old friend George "

I leave it to readers to assess George .
Remember   The delete key is always available .

I use it to remove  the more political /religious stuff
( after I have had a chuckle)

Salaams , au revoir , so long

Tom