[BITList] Wake up!

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 20 10:05:47 BST 2008

God almighty, John, don't invite blasphemy on this site, for Christ's sake !
Before you know it, they'll be discussing Doxford crankshafts, and you know
where that leads. As for debilitating complaints, once I work out whether my
not very sore thigh is coming from my hip or my knee (the favourite) I'll be
better placed to ask advice.  (One thing about this site, any genuine plea
for advice will not be treated with hauteur, and nobody will feel obliged to
apologise for asking.)

I came up on the bus yesterday with the minister's wife and, inter alia, we
discussed the dilution of skills in care home staff (she's a nurse in one),
ditto in shipyards, and sundry other non-religious topics.  The only topic
relating to religion was whether the OT story of Joseph could stand
comparison with some of the Greek myths, and whether it was originally done
as a musical item with harp, psaltery, cymbals, etc.  Does this qualify as
discussing religion?  If not, I'm doing my bloody best (incidentally, that
may have been a touch obscene, but it was not an apology).  I am unable to
say if religion is a banned topic on local buses - drunken Celtic or Rangers
supporters rarely consider the question.

I'd launch into a diatribe on the present financial situation were it not
that I exhausted the subject last night in an e-mail to a relative in the
USA, and my presence is required downstairs where Janet for once got up
before me and has made the breakfast.

Regards to all,

Hugh.

.