[BITList] Propitee

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 11 10:47:20 BST 2008

I've spent the last 45 minutes listening to, 10% watching, the least exciting thing since last I watched paint drying.  My wife is hooked on these TV shows where people talk about millions as if they were tenners. It's all to do with "propitee", aka property.  Everything is a development opportunity.  Everyone has loads of cash.  None of them live in homes - they live in stepping stones to bigger and more profitable propitees.  And they are mostly prats.  Two gents taking about one of them having acquired a monster propitee for a bare 3/4 of a million, and already working out how to pay for it by "developing" it - one says to the other, "You're a lucky person."  Not a lucky, man, chap, fellow, or whatever, but a neuter person. And when the TV presenter commented to one that he had bought a fine house, he replied, "Yeah, a residential propitee."

I feel better now.