[BITList] fool's paradise

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Wed Sep 10 15:40:59 BST 2008

hugh

agree - very funny comedy show sketch ala bird and fortune.

how are things in the usa, you ask? - you mean this fool's paradise!

how about this?

"tax and spend republicans - way more out of control than the CBO anticipated.

The federal deficit will exceed $400 billion this fiscal year, says the Congressional Budget Office. The CBO admitted today what we've been forecasting all year: Government spending in 2008 was way more out of control than the CBO anticipated.
When the fiscal year ends this month, the CBO says $407 billion will be on the wrong side of the federal balance sheet. That's 2½ times higher than last year's $161 billion budget deficit. Dubya's 2004 record deficit of $417 billion is still intact, for now.

None of this, by the way, includes the Fannie and Freddie bailout. So kiss 2009 buh-bye... the CBO projects next year's deficit closer to $500 billion. "The federal budget is on an unsustainable path," said a statement from the CBO. Thanks for the memo."

let's put it this way; if bush, cheney, rumsfeld and rove had been employed by the kgb, al quida, iran, etc. to do as much damage to the american economy, the american people, the dollar, and us international relations as humanly possible in 8 years - they succeded brilliantly. (Surely their actions are treasonable - off with their heads!)

the gross national debt is actually $9,679,005,606,352  as of a few seconds ago....................as mentioned above, the federal budget is on an unsustainable path.

as I'm sure you are aware, the usa lives by gasoline alone. today it is about $3.70/gallon, a few weeks ago it rapidly went up nearly $1.00, there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth . we have no way of controlling the price at the pump. we are at the mercy of opec/oil producers, who if so inclined, can shut in the valve and very quickly topple the usa from it's high horse. in other words, the usa is in a very precarious position indeed now, and we were bankrupt sometime ago.......................

what does, "forthright of chicago" have to say about it?

rgds