[BITList] Heroic action

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 30 22:16:50 GMT 2008

Thursday night,

>From today's Herald I offer the following (summarised) :

Since the clocks went back an hour at 2.00am on Sunday past, the clock in Inverness Sheriff Court has been an hour fast. Health and safety regulations (aka bloody stupidity) insisted that a detailed risk assessment would be required, and outside contractors brought in, the clock being 20 ft above the floor, so nothing at all was done.  A policemen, possibly P-ed off with the whole stupid business, went up to the public gallery, stepped over a barricade, leaned over the front of the gallery, lifted the clock off its pins (it might have been 20 ft up, but it was hanging from the front of the gallery), reset it, and put it back.  As the Herald put it, he did this with no regard for his own health or safety. This man should be promoted forthwith.

We are in the hands of morons.

After a lot of tweaking and shouting at it, my machine decided to start up this afternoon, though for how long it doesn't say.  All is not well with it, but the spare machine is tooled up if this one breaks down.  The only problem with this setup is that mail is split between two machines.