[BITList] ignored

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Mon Oct 13 23:42:31 BST 2008

hugh

not too long ago you were mentioning a strange incident when you were on a bus, saw an old friend from ealier days, went over and at next to him. he then denyed any knowledge of you what-so-ever.

I was checking through old emails and it brought to mind the george beatty affair.

george was 3o on socotra and I was 2eo - around 1963/4. he was a nice irish lad and I remembered him well. he was not a member of the other BI site but someone there mentioned he had been to a trade fair, here the usa, and had met someone who said they had been in BI - one george beatty. although they had not sailed with george, or even knew of him, they thought others might have known him and so gave his email address. I emailed george and he emailed quickly back confirming that indeed he was x socotra and apparently from his response, remembered me well......

he said he was now in LA, in the inflatable liferaft business, servicing them and the like. he had a service center very near the airport here in new orleans and came over here from time to time.

emailed him back, told him I was retired n suggested we get together for a chat next time he was here, he didn't reply.

later I emailed a couple more time - NOTHING......NO RESPONSE!

I'm sure he doen't owe me money....................

what gives with people?

rgds

colin t