[BITList] tiffin

Colin Taylor realm33 at msn.com
Sun Oct 12 09:47:46 BST 2008

folks

4EO Colin Taylor (left) and Mike Kneebone (National & Grindlays Bank) partaking of tiffin, Cairo December 1960.

returning to London aboard the P&O luxury liner "Strathnaver" from Bombay.

I and 3 other JEO's went out to Bombay on the P&O luxury liner "Corfu". Our cabin steward on the Corfu was also our cabin steward nearly 3 years later on the Strathnaver.
Upon London arrival many of the cabin stewards got roaring crazy drunk, running about and shouting boisterously. our cabin steward was blind drunk and fell over the upper landing ornate railing, fell a couple of decks through the atrium and broke his neck - died instantly.

I wonder if anyone sued...........

colin t