[BITList] NUTS or Another Letter from France

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 10:20:31 BST 2008

Salaams,
???????????? having just come back from the village after foraging I'm reminded of a time when the only time I ever saw nuts and mandarins was at Christmas, I'm assuming it was the same with all of you. Why were we in the village foraging? Well its walnut time and 'my precious' loves them green and we have communal nut trees, God knows how old they are but they are handily placed at the football stadium. After two hits with a third in the pipeline we've picked up about twenty kilo's, in the shop the price is stupid, also there are pear and apple trees where its possible to take the fruit, its surprising how many people don't bother, but, they'll capture and eat all that crawls and slithers in the garden, I don't bother with the fruit because we have our own trees including Bramleys. We also have Italian chestnuts all over the farm and they are beginning to fall, we have that many that passers by are allowed to pick up whatever they want, I would have to shoot them to stop 'em! Anyway I'm off out.