[BITList] palin qe2

realm33 at msn.com realm33 at msn.com
Sun Oct 5 22:08:33 BST 2008

hugh

you are right -  tina fey was the gifted comedienne taking le piss, but a remarkable likeness in mannerism and appearance to ms palin

however, tina was only a few degrees off the real sarah palin, governor of alaska - who, but for a few million voters and a pull of a trigger, would be the president of the land of the free, home of the brave!  not a pleasant thought.....................

from what I have seen of the real palin in tv interviews, she is as ditzy as the saturday night live parody..............................................

farewell from the clyde for qe2 -- I was onboard her each time she arrived in southampton in 1969 - almost weekly. someone in a white boiler suit would present me with a long list of claims against the builders risk policy, we then had a run round to see what the items were. after some months it suddenly stopped. I was a staff surveyor with the salvage association at the time.

hope your colds are over rapidly. a tumbler of whisky (I almost typed, "scotch" - is there any other kind?), lemon juice, honey and boiling water is my favourite remedy for a cold; no doubt you have tried it.

does nothing for the cold, but it sure gives a good nights sleep - tastes good too.

colin t