[BITList] I Thought it was Funny

HUGH MCINTYRE chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 3 13:02:46 BST 2008

Fred,

I'm going to take your advice about the drink, though not Tennent's Lager. I'll find a better class of drink.  As regards other drink and liquids, every few months we accumulate an impressive collection of empty wine and other bottles, and Janet and I fill two IKEA bags and trot along Marloch Avenue to the Glass Recycling bins. Yesterday we did that, but found no bins, so we brought the stuff home again.  I phoned the appropriate council department and was told the bins had been removed because of repeated vandalism. I told her it would surely be more to the point to remove the vandals, but she couldn't possibly comment on that. So they will be smashed up with a hammer and put in the unrecycle stuff bin. I have in mind a 3 months open season on vandals, gangs and other idiots, where suitably armed men and women can wade into the bastards with impunity. Two coppers I had called over some matter some years back gave me a brief lecture on not taking the law into my own hands - one of them popped back in and left his mate outside.  "Don't hit the bastards too hard," he said, "and make sure you've got a witness."

The second piece has been around a while - sometimes it's a keep-America-pure rant. It certainly ticks all the BNP boxes.

Regards,