[BITList] I Thought it was Funny

fredmno at aol.com fredmno at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 12:07:08 BST 2008

Must confess in my current state of depression it did raise a smile.

If you had
            purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be
            worth £4.95;

with HBOS,
            earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50;

£1000 invested
            in XL Leisure would now be worth less than
            £5,
but....

 if you
            bought £1000 worth of Tennent's Lager one year ago, drank it all,
            then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would
            get £214.

So based on the above statistics the best current
            investment advice is to drink heavily and
            re-cycle

The following sent me off looking for a suitable length of rope!

                             BR Fred

 From a
       correspondent..............

I think  this really sums it all
      up.
 Pity we can't write it in  letters

    three miles high and project it into the sky over  every  city
      in

      ENGLAND!

 Whilst it still is
       England.

 So....

 After  hearing that many cities did
      not want to offend other cultures  by putting up Xmas lights, so
      DIDN'T!

After  hearing that the
      Birmingham council changed its opinion and let  a Muslim woman have
      her picture on her driver's licence with her  face
      covered.

 After  hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where
      a boy was told  that for PE they could wear Football League shirts
      (Aston  Villa,Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England
      shirt as  it could offend others !

 This prompted the  editorial below written by
      a UK citizen.
 Published in a  British tabloid
      newspaper.

 IMMIGRANTS.
       NOT BRITONS, MUST ADAPT.

 Take It Or  Leave It. I am tired of this
      nation worrying about whether we  are offending some individual or
      their culture. Since t
he terrorist  attacks on London, we have
      experienced a surge in patriotism by the  majority of
      Brits.

 However, the dust from the attacks  has
      barely settled and the 'politically correct' crowd begin  complaining
      about the possibility that our patriotism is offending
       others.

 I am not against immigration, nor do I
      hold a  grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming
      to  Britain. However, there are a few things that those who have
       recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need
       to understand.

 This idea of London being a
       multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our
       sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own
       culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.
       This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles,
       trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and women
       who laid down their lives and one of the millions of men and
       women who have sought freedom.

 We speak ENGLISH,
       not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
       other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
20      society, learn the language! 'In God We Trust' is our National
       Motto.

 This is not some Christian, right wing,
       political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and
       women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is
       clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on
       the walls of our schools.

 If God offends you,
      then I  suggest you consider another part of the world as your new
      home,  because God is part of our culture. If St.George's cross
      offends  you, or you don't like ' A Fair Go', then you should
       seriously consider a move to another part of this
       planet.

 We are happy with our culture and have no
       desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where
       you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE,
       and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all
       this.

 But once you are done complaining, whining,
      and  griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our
      Way  of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other
      great  British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

 If
      you aren't  happy here20then P*** OFF! We didn't force you to come
       here.

 You asked to be here. So accept the country
      YOU  accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it. I figure
      if  we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will
      also,  sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try,
       please.

 No matter how many times you receive
      it...  please forward it to all you
      know.

      Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone Try it Now! =