[BITList] Remembrance Day Pagant on TV

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 8 23:28:41 GMT 2008

Ron,

I watched what I could of the Albert Hall Pageant - my wife was in charge of
the remote control.  I didn't see or hear any reference to the MN, but I
could easily have missed it during one of the periods when Janet was
checking the X-Factor.  In previous years the MN has featured, though not to
any great extent - as I recall, a couple of representatives walk or march in
along with police, fire service, nurses, etc, and that's your lot.  Like
football, the event doesn't fully hold my interest on TV.  I've attended one
in the Albert Hall, and it's a vastly different experience live.  HM wasn't
there in the afternoon - she goes to the one in the evening along with the
great and good.  The TV version is a mixture.