[BITList] The Lancaster Bomber

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 06:22:49 GMT 2008

G'day folks,

A good bit of video....followed by a few lines from Shakespeare.  Have
you ever wondered who coined the phrase - "We few, we band of
Brothers". You can find out on this web site. [Under the video].

http://www.avro-lancaster.com/Lancastersinaction

It is interesting to note that the early B-17 carried a maximum of
6,000 lbs of bombs.

Later versions of the B-17 could carry 17,600 lbs.

Early Lancasters had a load carrying capacity of 14,000 lbs

At the end of the war, the Lancaster was carrying The "Grand Slam" - a
bomb of 22,000 lbs.

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.