[BITList] Epiphany

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 9 11:27:22 GMT 2008

John,

Re your 4 HDs, if by "lost" you mean "don't know where", I regret I have nothing to suggest bar keep looking. If they are corrupted, prepare for a long haul.  Duff CDs, on the other hand, sometimes respond to a few minutes in the freezer (inside a plastic bag) - I can't say about DVDs.  A puzzling result has emerged from the recovery of my photos.  Not only did I get my jpegs and bmps, etc, I also got every last item of that nature Windows uses to make up its screens, and .... I find I have what I thought was a duplicate of a group taken on Chakdara, Bombay, 1957.  It is not a duplicate - it shows the same people shuffled round.  That photo must have been stashed away somewhere on the HD, but I can't find an original anywhere, nor can I recall having one. If we call it Version 2, I posted Version 1 on Fred's Rogues Gallery 2 in (I suppose) 2002/3.  My MN stuff has always been kept in its own box, and I never ever give away or loan original photos, so where the hell did that one come from?  I've had no contact with any of those on the photo, bar a brief e-mail from one, and it didn't have a photo attached.  It presently sits as wallpaper on my desktop, the only way I can look at it.  I'll try e-mailing it to myself.