[BITList] Epiphany

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 00:31:37 GMT 2008

G'day Hugh,

On 09/12/2008, at 7:02 AM, HUGH wrote:

 > I had an old hard drive that was mostly used as a slave to one of
the others but, unfortunately, all
 > my photos were on it when it got corrupted doing something
innocuous a few weeks back.

Yes indeed. I think that I might have reported a couple of months ago
that I had lost 4 external HDs.

They had back-ups of back-ups on them.

The net result was I have lost a lot of information. Some going back
to 1989.

Recently I was going through a pile of CDs when I cam across one that
had a lot of photos on it. I got very excited at the prospects.

But, I was laid low by seeing that some of the files would not copy.
The CD had suffered some damage since it was created. Darn.

There is hardly a day that goes by that I don't search for some file
or photo that I know that I had - but my success rate is near zero.

ooroo

If you don't hear the knock of opportunity - build a door.

Anon.