[BITList] SANGOLA

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 8 10:45:17 GMT 2008

John,

Having seen your photo, it is easy for me to be wise after the event - all I had to do was take a screen shot of the whole. I am not at my best, brainwise - while struggling with a nasty head cold and a sore throat, I made one last attempt to solve the mystery of "why on earth (google or otherwise) will my floppy drive not work?"  I know Apple Macs don't have these things, but I've got stuff on floppy disks that I need to access. One reads guff online like, "the red strip on the broad cable should be next to the power socket."  Not of much use to me, since the sockets on mine are one above the other.  I found a website with a photo showing my type of unit, and it turns out my broad cable was plugged in the wrong way round.  The wrong way for that cable is the right way for all the others, so my error is excusable. It would have been discovered much earlier if the floppy drive itself had been OK.  All is now sweetness and light, since I had a spare drive.