[BITList] Are you proud of the actions of our Government?

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri May 11 01:08:35 BST 2018

The Turnbull Government – abashed by truthful reporting – just slashed $83 million from our ABC.  Added to Tony Abbott's 2014 cuts, that's over $320 million gutted from our public broadcaster.

ABC management say this latest round will "cut into muscle", and after the last cuts, we lost Lateline.3,4 If these go through, we could soon be watching the final episodes of Four Corners or 7:30. It's a dream come true for Rupert Murdoch and the ultra-conservative IPA.

Fortunately, the ABC is one of Australia's most liked and respected institutions.5 With the ALP already committed to protecting ABC funding, and five by-elections coming up in a 'Super Saturday' mini-election, we have a real chance to show the Turnbull Government that voters won't stand for attacks on our ABC.

Don’t forget,  Rupert Murdoch is an American.