[BITList] Fwd: A Tug Like No Other

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 8 08:29:57 GMT 2018

Mike,

It's an impressive lot of gear. I hope it fulfils its early promise. My
experience of tugs was during my couple of years with Fergusons here in Port
Glasgow.  I was watching one being launched, while standing half under
another such that was propped up on blocks on the adjacent ways. There came
a very loud crack and a flash and some smoke, and I've never moved as fast
in my life. The one I was standing under settled down amid the smoke and
noise.  The launch proceeded then the other was jacked up. No damage was
done other than to my nerves.