[BITList] Fwd: Type 23 Frigates

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Jul 10 23:56:04 BST 2018

G'day Mike,

When I was in Denholms of Glasgow, in the late Sixties, they had an Engineer Superintendent, ex R.N., he recommended Paxman Generators for a pair of 72,000MT Bulkers !

I remember that they had lots of Cylinders and when working flat out the Exhaust glowed Red !  In the R.N. they were overhauled ashore but not with the M.N. !

When the RAF started getting new aircraft like the Comets, Britannia's and the three V-Bombers new ground equipment was required in order to start the engines of these new a/c.

The were very large trolleys with an inline six cylinder made by Rolls-Royce.

They used to glow in the dark too. Sometimes with that incandescent glow getting close to white!