[BITList] Did you want to know this?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 20 20:28:11 GMT 2018

Mike,

I doodle with prime numbers, but I keep clear of anything to do with REALLY BIG ONES, and I don't admit 2 as a prime - it's even, and it gets in the way. There are more interesting aspects of them, eg, every even number greater than 6 is the sum of two distinct primes. Or so the conjecture goes, and a slight variation of it has been going for about 400 years, without proof. The internet abounds with approaches to a proof, all involving extremely complex mathematics.

Hugh