[BITList] Captain George King

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Jan 11 06:49:23 GMT 2018

G'day Folks,

From a correspondent…

I knew ‘Gabby’ King - one of the Good guys.

He was a superintendent by the time I first met him - reached the dizzy heights and did good things for the Company, but always happy to talk and listen to everyone.

In retirement he was an active member of the Castaway luncheon group of retired B.P.Tanker people.

A professional seaman in every sense of the word and a notable technical author: his ‘Tanker Practice’ is a classic.

A sad loss - he is greatly missed.

I have his autobiography ‘A Love of Ships’ which is a fine read.