[BITList] Fwd: Trad Jazz, etc

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 10 20:34:16 GMT 2018

Mike,

That improved my evening a lot.  Took me back to the 50s, pre-BI, when my
three great pals (two of them, Joe Blair and Alan Sharp, now deceased) and I
would listen to the originals over and over.  I've still got the records in
the loft and the sideboard, but not one of my turntables does 78 rpm. The
above Joe, 2E/O on MV Wavecrest, fell overboard in mid Atlantic in November
1959.  At that time I was storm bound in Workington, 2E/O on her sister
ship. Alan made a name for himself in Hollywood writing films and TV stuff -
died in Los Angeles a couple of years ago. I'll look out the records
tomorrow and see what can be done - I've plenty on 33 and 45 rpm.