[BITList] Fwd: Royal Navy

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 9 16:01:36 GMT 2018

Mike,

HMS Ocean.  I note from one report that she was made at Vickers Barrow, and "constructed" at Kvaerner Govan, this construction work having been of a minor nature.  I worked on her design and detail with Govan, and I don't recall helluva much having needed done in Barrow, bar the kind of thing the MOD didn't trust Govan to do.  That kind of thing was the well known "for but not with" - rooms with brackets on bulkheads, but nothing on them.  She sailed under her own "steam" to Barrow when Govan were finished with her.