[BITList] Put your phone down! How a growing backlash is calling out our terrible tech manners

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 5 09:44:41 BST 2018

Mike,

I've never had the urge or the need (or the money) to get a smart phone.  In our spare bedroom, aka my study, I've two PCs, a laptop and an iPad, and my wife's camera takes excellent photos.  I've a spare machine in the loft. I do all my computing at home, and in my shirt pocket I carry a little Samsung phone - voice and text. Sight of the latter elicited an excited scream from a young lady shop assistant - "Oh, what a quaint wee phone," she said. At that point I realised I was from Mars.