[BITList] The perfidy of UK Governments

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Nov 18 01:56:18 GMT 2017

G'day Folks,

Some of you may remember that I fought the UK authorities for a long time so that myself and other Vets cold be allowed to wear a Malaysian Service Medal that was awarded to Australian, Canadian, New Zealand and a few other countries that served in the Malaysian Territories during that Countries "Undeclared War” against Indonesia.

The UK Government on its own unilaterally declared that everyone could receive the medal [PJM], but that the Brits living in the UK, could not wear it.

Australian, Canadian, New Zealand, etc,. were allowed to wear the PJM because those countries are not governed by UK Laws.

Some of you may have heard of the “Frozen Pension Scandal” perpetrated by successive UK Government, both Conservative and Labour. This involves freezing the pension of those Brits living in countries including Australia, Canada and New Zealand.

The effect of this is that for all the years that we worked in the UK, during which those Governments took, by Law, what they now call ‘contributions to the National Insurance” - supposedly to enable future UK Governments to pay our pensions when we retired.

In my case the UK pension that I was paid when I retired at the age of 65 is still being paid at that rate. We get no annual increases that every pensioner living in the UK gets.

There is a good article in the four page PDF attached to this email.

I would add that I refuse to call it a ‘Frozen Pension’ - to me it is a “Stolen Pension” - stolen from me by all the UK Government since I retired.

There are others in Australian, Canadian and New Zealand who had their pension ‘stolen’ much longer thatI have. Indeed a lot of them have died while waiting for their just UK pension to be paid.

See also…

http://tinyurl.com/y72fswtm <http://tinyurl.com/y72fswtm>