[BITList] Rugby League World Cup

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Nov 5 04:42:07 GMT 2017

G'day Folks,

Tonga and Samoa pre-game war dance lights up Rugby League World Cup

Tonga Vs Samoa [more correctly Western Samoa].

I was lucky enough to watch this match from whoa to go.

Totally entertaining. Great skills and enthusiasm.

But the thing for me that was the best was opening ceremony.

First the two teams lined up on either side of the centre line, as is normal in World Cup matches.

Both National Anthems were sung.

Then instead of both teams peeling off to continue warming exercises in each half of the field, they gathered into a large circle, alternating with each country red, blue, red, blue red, blue, red, blue, all the way around the circle.

They felt down on their left knees and then sang a hymn together - in harmony, as only the South Sea Islanders can.

When that was completed they took to their side of the filed and each in turn presented a Kaka.

And two great Hakas they were too.

The match was played in Hamilton, North Island, New Zealand. Tonga won 32 to 18.

http://tinyurl.com/ycr696oj <http://tinyurl.com/ycr696oj>

This is how sport should be played.