[BITList] Fwd: LIFE IN THE COMPUTER AGE.....(HOW TRUE)

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 1 19:53:38 GMT 2017

Mike,

Very funny, and well observed. A race of zombies is emerging  On the one with the nurse banging the machine with the patient's vital traces on it - in the 80s my wife underwent a major op for the removal of a benign fibroid tumour on a nerve in the skull (acoustic neuroma). On her first morning after the op she lay inert and sedated with wires and tubes in many places, and a little box with a small screen bleeping away. As I sat there, the box stopped beeping. I panicked - and so, apparently, did a nurse at the other end of the ward.  She flew down and hit the box an almighty wallop.  It started its job again. "That bloody machine," she shouted, "will be the death of me."