[BITList] Solar Power

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jul 5 02:51:47 BST 2017

G'day Folks,

I was watching the Tour de France last night when I noticed that he peloton was passing a large array of PV solar panels.

This morning I have had a look at where these panels were.

Here is what I found on the Net and on Google Earth.

It is where the red spot is. One would think that it is down on the south coast nearer to the equator?

Here it is from Google earth.

The Tour de France travelled past on that road from top right to bottom left, last night. The whole world would have seen it go by.

This is the solar park. There are over one million solar panels there. I have 24 solar panels on my roof - the Government won’t allow me to have more.

Toul-Rosières Solar Park

At…

48°46′48″N 005°58′48″E

It generates nearly 7,000 GWhr [peak].

So, lets see, they’re 48° north of the equator.

Where I live is only 19° South of the equator.

What is our government doing?

Nothing it seems.

The man in charge tells us that he is all for "Technology and Innovation" but I don’t hear or see any of this around here. There is lots of coal around here and he is trying to sell it all to India.

Something is wrong here!