[BITList] I may be off line for tomorrow hopefully back by Thursday

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Dec 27 06:39:35 GMT 2017

G'day Folks,

That was a false alarm.

Less than  an hour before I departed with the iMac I had a phone call.

There is a small cable that runs to the mother board that controls the speed of the fans inside the iMac.

They are normally very hard to hear because they keep the machine at the optimal temperature.

Apparently because I am installing a digital hard drive I require a cable to do the job when the hard drive is removed.

The fans would still run but they would run - by default - at max speed and hence very noisy.

Two more weeks of waiting for the part to arrive from the US.

I’ll still be here!

:-(