[BITList] Yorkshire and other stories.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Aug 26 13:31:05 BST 2017

From a correspondent…

Cricket

Geoffrey Boycotts father worked down Hemsworth Colliery at the same time as I did.

Geoff was just starting to make a name for himself as a cricketer playing for Hemsworth Colliery and Ackworth C.C.where I lived.

One day, down the pit, a miner asked Tommy, Geoff's dad if as the father of a cricketer if he knew what a Late Cut was.

Tommy said that it was when the batsman made a late stroke at the ball usually through the slips.

The miner told him that as far as he was concerned it was a 90 year old man being circumcised, which caused lots of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb-2VaJYPw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb-2VaJYPw>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELNb7OGvRF8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELNb7OGvRF8>