[BITList] Fwd: [vsdh] At Large: The heroic tale that took Jessie from India to the Gallowgate

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Aug 24 08:40:21 BST 2017

Following on…

Fascinating story, John.
I spent seven years in Glasgow, biking from my house in Bearsden to the University along the Maryhill road. During that time the Gallowgate area had started to be transformed from a 'rough' part of town to an upmarket shopping destination. I might add that my first visit to the city was back in '60 on a camping trip through Scotland. I remarked to my fellow travelers, "What a dump! Who would wish to live in a place like this?" And a few years later I ended up living there for seven wonderful years!

Orra best,