[BITList] Trump and the parrot

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Apr 16 07:53:21 BST 2017

During a lull between the speeches at the recent presidential swearing-in ceremony, Melania Trump leaned over to chat with the Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson.

"You know, I bought Donald a parrot for Christmas. That bird is so smart.  Donald has already taught him to pronounce over two hundred words!"

"Wow, that's pretty impressive," said Tillerson, "but, you do realise that he just speaks the words. He doesn't really understand what they mean."

"Oh, I know," Melania replied, "Neither does the parrot."